Pubs and bars have happy hours, when they discount some products to attract patrons at certain times, why not newsagents?
I know there are some newsagents who do deals on a quiet day of the week, usually Tuesday, but I am not aware of anyone running a genuine happy hour. If you are please share here.
We don’t run a happy hour in any of my stores but I am thinking about it. As I see it, we’d need: a compelling deal, collateral to promote the happy hour, a flashing light or some other device to draw attention and shop floor staff engagement.
For the compelling deal I am thinking about offers like:
- Get 50% off a Thank You card with each card purchased.
- Spend more than $30 on gifts and choose a sheet of wrapping paper free.
- Buy and two plush items and get our huggable bear for free.
- Get a free tape measure with every stationery purchase.
- Spend over $30 on stationery and take 35% off.
Given traffic in the centres in which my stores are located I’d probably run Happy Hour between 1pm and 3pm on a Tuesday. I’d try it for a month and then assess performance.