I know this blog is visited by many new newsagents so primarily for them, here is a brief list of what you need to be doing or have done by now for Christmas and other this-time-of-the-year opportunities.
- Boxed Christmas cards out. On a table. Tidy every day. Don’t discount.
- Christmas ribbon out near your boxed cards.
- Initial range of wrap out.
- Basic selection of Christmas single cards out.
- Christmas crackers out.
- Calendars out, especially Australian.
- Kris Kingle gifts ready to go out.
- Teachers gifts out.
- Graduation gifts and cards out.
- Make sure you have all your Christmas gifts and Christmas ornaments ordered.
- Make sure you have plenty of cardboard for end of year school projects.
- Create a plan for November 1 through December 26.Know what goes where and the necessary transitions. Delegate tasks to ensure this is done and your shop looks full and enticing.
I’m sure others will add to the list via comments.