Big news day

December 7th, 2013 · 10 Comments

With the passing of Nelson Mandela yesterday and the unprecedented coverage on TV last night, especially two of the commercial networks (9 and 10), I’d expect interest on newspapers to be especially strong today. I suggest newsagents place newspapers into good locate to lift impulse purchases if your newspapers are not at the front of the business.

Category: Newspapers

• 1 carol // Dec 7, 2013 at 10:32 AM

and our Saturday Newspapers where left behind because truck did not wait for them to arrive at pick up point. Now expecting some to arrive at lunchtime Grrrrrrrr

• 2 Mark Fletcher // Dec 7, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Carol I feel for you. Sorry to hear this.

• 3 allan wickham // Dec 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM

What is wrong with my staff??????

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I had a gentleman buy a paper who had asked it to be stamped as he was going into the supermarket. Given the dark background of the front page the girl stamped Nelson Mandelas face……..

The gentleman returned and asked me if he could have another copy as this was not where he would have liked the stamp placed……embarrasing…..especially as the customer was South African himself…….

anybody want a job?

• 4 jenny // Dec 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM

That’s so funny Allan, I bet your customer wasn’t amused.

• 5 carol // Dec 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

A receipt is pretty easy to print out isn’t it Allan?
    I have papers piles of papers left after they arrived about 12.30pm. Now we have to dump them. Lets hope the happy gardening people need more this week or its more expense to send to dump.

• 6 Brendan // Dec 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

We stamp ours for customers too Alan. Totally agree with you but you’ll appreciate this….I stamp Collingwood players arms telling customers it’s a free tatt for them. Now and again (especially if a pollie is on the front page) customers ask us to please stamp the face.

• 7 Brendan // Dec 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

• 8 jenny // Dec 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM

We too stamp papers, but always on the back page at the top. No mess ups this way.
    No extra newspaper sales for us today from this front page.

• 9 David @ Angle Vale Newsagency // Dec 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM

For the last 2 weeks the Foodland next door has been giving away the Advertiser all day. Obviously paper supplies dropped dead. Cut back by half today, sold out by lunchtime. If only we’d been psychic. :-(

Oh well, extra good sales in other areas today, so no reason to complain.

• 10 Allan wickham // Dec 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Customer was very good about it all Jenny, probably better than I was with the staff. We implemented stamping the barcode only, if they take it to the supermarket it can’t be scanned that way. Apparently my wife and son have been doing it this way for months…..lol,