Here are some simple steps to consider taking when an employee stops working for you. These steps are designed to protect your business and the former employee.
- Change your locks. If you’re in a high-street situation and if the employee had keys, changing the locks is important, especially if the employee has left under a cloud.
- Change all your computer passwords – regardless of whether they had access to these or not.
- Change your supplier website access passwords.
- If your employee did any buying, advise your suppliers of their departure.
- Ensure superannuation is up to date.
- Have business-supplied uniforms and name badges returned.
Too often business owners don’t consider steps like these until after an incident has occurred.