Massive win for Tatts online

April 11th, 2014 · 9 Comments

The $40M Powerball winner from last night’s draw purchased their ticket online direct from Tatts. Anyone who has sold a major prize will know this boosts sales for the winning outlet. Online will get a boost for sure.

Category: Lotteries

• 1 shauns // Apr 11, 2014 at 2:32 PM

feed back so far ,it must be rigged they sold it to themselves ..No one has witnessed the actual winner bla bla bla got love it , might even harm their sales

• 2 Bruce // Apr 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM

One of my customers said something similar.

• 3 David @ Angle Vale Newsagency // Apr 11, 2014 at 10:25 PM

And yet, why would they “rig” it at such a low jackpot? Think how many sales would be lost over the next 4 weeks as the Jackpot climbed to $100 Million.

I (and I am sure Tatts) wanted it to continue jack potting.

I had even planned staffing based on an expected Jackpot for next Thursday adding to the Saturday buyers getting in early.

• 4 Mark Fletcher // Apr 11, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Shutdown any talk of rigging. It’s nonsense.

• 5 BAZ // Apr 12, 2014 at 6:10 AM

One of my customers just realised the extra cost of tickets online…no more !!!

• 6 BrettS // Apr 12, 2014 at 11:43 AM

The Online cost is the same as a purchase through an Agent.
    As for rigging I don’t entertain rubbish and would not in any way allow a negative comment to pass without defending the product.
    Come on people its the most unique and still for most parts agent owned product.
    Defend it don’t talk it down.

• 7 shauns // Apr 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM

At no time did I say I agreed with them . The “got to love it part” referred to how stupid some comments can be … Do you really think any agent would say yeah I agree with you .

• 8 shauns // Apr 12, 2014 at 12:03 PM

oz lotto in SA is actually cheaper why is that ? $7.10 for 6 games

• 9 David @ Angle Vale Newsagency // Apr 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM

shauns, haven’t you heard? We’re the new Tasmania!