Newsagencies have some of the best retail foot traffic yet too often we fail to leverage that. Here are some very very basic touch points you can use to better connect with shoppers to drive purchases and return visits:
- Bags. Make sure they are branded with your brand and contain a sales pitch.
- In the bag. Always include a flyer or gift of something that adds value.
- Receipts: The top should have your brand logo.
- Receipts: Ensure you have an ad or a coupon or an offer on every receipt.
- Receipts: If you use a points loyalty system – show how many points on balance.
- Receipts: If the customer has purchased an item with a care instructions opportunity – include these on the receipt.
- At the counter: always have an easy impulse purchase opportunity. Under $10. With broad appeal.
- On your vehicles. Promote your business.
There are many more touch point opportunities. This list is barely a starting point yet many newsagents do not even embrace these … missing opportunities to reinforce the brand and all it stands for.
If you are not happy with how your newsagency is performing – are you doing the things on the list?