Good old Collingwood!

May 14th, 2014 · 9 Comments

groanpiesShoppers pressing an AFL team button caused that team’s club song to be played. last Saturday I had them all set and for some reason in my outer suburban newsagency nine times out of ten it’s the Collingwood song shoppers selected. Those crazy Collingwood fans! If only they bought more of the buttons.

Category: Customer Service

• 1 David // May 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

We can not keep up with them selling two Collingwood to every one of other teams
    Especially on a Thursday

• 2 Jim // May 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Mark,

Put 2 together and sell them as Smith St Stereos – it’s the only way most Collingwood supporters will be able to afford one!

• 3 michelle // May 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Oh yes here we go again. You are all only jealous of the might of the magpie! You guys need to remember cream always rises to the top….or at least 4th from the top at the moment. We true believers know that these could well be collectors items by the end of September :)

• 4 Brett // May 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM

#AlwaysHawthorn

• 5 Renee // May 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Q: How do you know that a Collingwood supporter invented the toothbrush?

A: Had anyone else invented it – it would have been called a teethbrush.

• 6 Clive // May 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Did you hear Australia Post had to recall their latest stamps?

They had pictures of Collingwood players on them. People couldn’t decide which side to spit on?

• 7 Warrick // May 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I know a crazy Collingwood fan, but I can’t believe he still has teeth…

• 8 michelle // May 15, 2014 at 7:13 PM

Bring it on guys….. but come on cant you do better than the tooth thing? You do realise that in your naïve hatred you still show PASSION for the might of the maggies… I guess we are just that good! :)

• 9 June // May 16, 2014 at 11:33 AM

What happened to them last night then??
    Our Crows reigned supreme for the whole match but I had to work and our centre
    was dead, dead, dead because 50,000
    people (I think that is the largest ever crowd here) went to the footy to watch
    Collingwood get trounced. It was particularly galling for poor old Nathan who is a son of South Australia, but “go Crows”.

Talking about marketing – our centre which is in the eastern suburbs of Adelaide is Crows Central for membership and the Port Power boys spent a Saturday here signing etc.
    I had my best Saturday ever in my shop for a normal Saturday and I couldn’t help but admire the marketing exercise to send
    the Port Boys into Crows territory and stand tall in our mall surrounded by little boys and girls (and big ones).
    It was a very interesting exercise and it made me think that shopping other businesses outside of our own demographic is probably a good thing to do because their product mix might possibly work in our businesses.
    It was just a thought.