New Blackhawk gift cards gives us an opportunity to leverage online sales

July 4th, 2014 · 12 Comments

newblackhawkcardsGift cards launched this week by Blackhawk – sold to newsagents through Touch – offer newsagents an opportunity to better connect with online and other sales. Cards for purchases from Facebook, Ticketmaster, XBOX and reloadable Visa cards are good products for us to have in-store.

Gift cards are easy gifts to include with a greeting card. Indeed, I place my Blackhawk gift card stand near greeting cards.

With no stock holding cost and minimal floorspace required the downside for newsagents is minimal.

Category: Newsagency opportunities

• 1 shauns // Dec 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

anyone know why there is a daily limit on sales for these things , have never seen the message come up on the screen before , turning away customers for the last hour .

• 2 rick // Dec 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Yeah we had that as well, tried to ring touch, just put on hold then kicked off after a while, really silly at this time of year. Why are there so many dickheads running suppliers, driving me insane. Who else hates automated telephone systems, piss poor customer service that gets me wild and by the time I get a human (if I ever do) they really do cop an earful

• 3 Mark Fletcher // Dec 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The daily limit has been in place for years. I support it. It was done because of fraud by a couple of newsagents which cost suppliers tens of thousands of dollars. It was a scandal which was not publicised at the time.

• 4 Peter B // Dec 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

We hit the limit every Thursday(payday) because we take Advertiser account payments. Touch will not up our limit so we have to turn customers away too.

• 5 Brendan // Dec 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM

Wrong link??

• 6 Mark Fletcher // Dec 21, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Thanks Brendan. Fixed.

• 7 shauns // Oct 2, 2015 at 6:30 AM

Twice now I have ordered gift cards in the last 2 months and nothing has turned up , does anyone else have these dramas. Over the last 8 years I have never had to worry about ordering them ,they just turn up .

• 8 shauns // Nov 27, 2015 at 3:01 PM

just had a complaint from a customer that we sold them a gift card that had expired so LOOOOK at the dates on the back of the cards . We sold it on the 15-10-2015 and it expired at the end of that month . We were not aware these thing had an expiry date so short . One unhappy customer so that’s going to cost me $50
    on something I made a $1 or 2 off

• 9 Richard // Nov 27, 2015 at 3:21 PM

We just had the same problem. They sent out a batch of close to expiry cards in error. The hassle is getting the new replacement cards. They dont know what urgent means this close to Christmas. Just had advice our new cards are on the way (3-4 Days) after sending in an order 10 days ago.

• 10 shauns // Dec 2, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Richard could you tell me which card it was , we are still trying to get our money back from this lost sale not to mention lost a customer.

• 11 Richard // Dec 2, 2015 at 3:28 PM

Ours was through Touch. We have a case logged with them / they have to refer to the USA. Still waiting for an outcome. Same batch.

• 12 shauns // Dec 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Yeah I am not happy , they don’t want to know about it at all , all cards have been taken down until I get my money back . No Xmas sales but couldn’t care less from what I make out of it ..I am only talking $55.95 which is nothing but its the point they don’t want to know about it and I lost a customer over it