New Blackhawk gift cards gives us an opportunity to leverage online sales

July 4th, 2014 · 6 Comments

newblackhawkcardsGift cards launched this week by Blackhawk Рsold to newsagents through Touch Рoffer newsagents an opportunity to better connect with online and other sales. Cards for purchases from Facebook, Ticketmaster, XBOX and reloadable Visa cards are good products for us to have in-store.

Gift cards are easy gifts to include with a greeting card. Indeed, I place my Blackhawk gift card stand near greeting cards.

With no stock holding cost and minimal floorspace required the downside for newsagents is minimal.

Category: Newsagency opportunities

• 1 shauns // Dec 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM

anyone know why there is a daily limit on sales for these things , have never seen the message come up on the screen before , turning away customers for the last hour .

• 2 rick // Dec 20, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Yeah we had that as well, tried to ring touch, just put on hold then kicked off after a while, really silly at this time of year. Why are there so many dickheads running suppliers, driving me insane. Who else hates automated telephone systems, piss poor customer service that gets me wild and by the time I get a human (if I ever do) they really do cop an earful

• 3 Mark Fletcher // Dec 20, 2014 at 4:10 PM

The daily limit has been in place for years. I support it. It was done because of fraud by a couple of newsagents which cost suppliers tens of thousands of dollars. It was a scandal which was not publicised at the time.

• 4 Peter B // Dec 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

We hit the limit every Thursday(payday) because we take Advertiser account payments. Touch will not up our limit so we have to turn customers away too.

• 5 Brendan // Dec 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM