First newsagency to offer PayPal payment method

August 11th, 2014 · 15 Comments

knox-paypalWe are excited to be the first newsagency in Australia to offer PayPal as a fully integrated payment method.

Using their new App, PayPal customers will be attracted to the business through the app – this is a key element of PayPal engagement – promoting your business.

The PayPal integration shows how professional app / POS software integrations should be done (note Bauer).

There will be a more formal launch once we’re through this live testing phase. PayPal has some exciting ideas for promoting the business.

Category: marketing · Newsagency management · newsagency marketing

• 1 Peter // Aug 11, 2014 at 8:05 AM

Yes but Pay Pal is in my view dying as EFT takes over. It is just as easy and FREE.

• 2 Jarryd Moore // Aug 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Paypal dying … ? Its intergrated into online stores more than ever.

I’m not sure what you mean by EFT? Are you referring to a bank transfer or EFTPOS?

If you’re referring to direct deposit bank transfers then I’d suggest that this payment method is dying. Its slow and clunky.

If you’re referring to EFTPOS then you might be correct in regards to mobile-integrated NFC. However the technology is only in the early roll out stages.

• 3 Phil // Aug 11, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Id have to agree with Jarryd. EFT, if referring to Bank Transfers is no where near as secure as Paypal.

• 4 Gary // Aug 11, 2014 at 4:23 PM

nice Mark, next stop bitcoin?

• 5 Peter // Aug 11, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Electronic Funds Transfer (Not EFTPOS) Bank Transfers, Bank A/C direct to Bank A/C. I pay all bills this way except for the occasional malcontents like network where I am forced to use Bpay.

I average about 6 EFT payments a day to my bank A/C with over 30+ payments a day at statement time. It all costs zero and I have not have any major problems yet. All my magor Sub Agent A/Cs use it.

I do not use cheques to pay bills (I last wrote one 18 months ago). I hate cashing them as percentage wise they cost more than EFTPOS especially for small amounts..

• 6 Mark Fletcher // Aug 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM

PayPal is not dying. In fact, it’s a retailers friend given how their app attracts shoppers to your store.

• 7 Chris // Aug 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM

EFT is not in the same league as what Paypal offers. Instant payment option plus the major selling point is notifications on their phone as they walk past your store! This is the future 2 years ago which means it is here today.

• 8 Mark Fletcher // Aug 11, 2014 at 7:16 PM

You’re right Chris. Using this thing sells you. What makes it very current is the new PayPal app released in recent weeks – very advanced.

• 9 Jack // Aug 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Peter you’re living in the past. Quit living in the past.

• 10 Dean // Aug 12, 2014 at 2:07 PM

I Like it, but aren’t the fees for paypal high?

• 11 May First // Aug 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Mark, could you post some info about how Paypal works in the real retail environment? I use it endlessly online and have the app on my phone but I don’t quite understand how it functions around my shopping strip. I did have someone pay using their phone (pay wave) the other day instead of a card, that was a first for me!

• 12 Mark Fletcher // Aug 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM

May I’ll put together something including photos showing it in action. Give me a few days.

• 13 Brendan // Aug 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Looking forward to learning about this at this at the Tower seminar on the 20th.

• 14 John // Aug 15, 2014 at 2:45 PM

Now if only they weren’t such a dodgy company.

• 15 Gavin Williams // Aug 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Dean, The fees at this stage for Tower retailers will be around 2% mark. Given there is not added eftpos terminal rental fees etc its a good rate. Considering the promotion of your business.