Network crows that delayed billing is to assist in maximising your sales. It’s delay billed to try and stop us early returning.
Here are my specific issues with issues with the scale of of The Queensland Country Women’s Association Cookery Book to newsagents:
- This is a book and not a magazine. We should be getting a book margin.
- I have this title in other forms. I have country favourite Aussie cookbooks – from which I make boot margins.
- My food section is full. There is no room for a new title.
- It’s full copy return. I am fined if I send this back!
- I had no say in supply. This is my money at risk yet Network spends without a care in the world and then comes chasing if I am late. All care and no responsibility.
The newsagent magazine distribution model makes it too easy for a new title to be scaled out with us taking the risk of time and space so a publisher can test a title and the distributor can gets their fee.
Given I have to allocate a new pocket, I should be paid $2.00 a week whether I sell a copy or not.