Newsagents versus online for lottery tickets

July 6th, 2009 · 6 Comments

Today’s Daily Telegraph has a story about the cost of buying a lottery ticket online from Oz Lotteries versus from a newsagent or other lottery retailer.

Every over-the-counter lottery customer contact we have is more important than every because of the Oz Lotteries online offer as well as online offers from Golden Casket and Tattersalls.

Category: Lotteries

• 1 Luke // Jul 6, 2009 at 6:53 AM

I have just read the tele story and am in disbelief that NSW lotteries “allow” online suppliers to charge what they like for a ticket in order to cover costs. I wonder if they will allow me to charge people to check tickets that are no bought at my newsagency in order to cover my cost, I don’t think so.
    Sucked in to all the idiots out there that paid too much for online tickets and then whing about it.
    To NSW lotteries, you are biting the hand that has fed you since you started, from no on I will be getting my operating costs back from lotto any way I can, they have allowed others to do it.

• 2 Luke // Jul 6, 2009 at 6:55 AM

Sorry about the mistakes but this gave me the s#^ts.

• 3 Bob // Jul 6, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I’m with you Luke. This is a disgrace. Any ideas how we can get operating costs back from NSW lotteries?

• 4 Brett // Jul 6, 2009 at 9:36 AM

One rule for big business, one rule for the rest.

• 5 Luke // Jul 6, 2009 at 11:25 AM

We will be getting nothing back from NSW lotteries but there are other ways to recoup losses. We will be placing other stock onto the lotto counter and also reducing the space allocated to lotteries, also reducing the services we offer that make us no money.

• 6 Tony // Jul 6, 2009 at 11:50 AM

well i would rather the online charge more than less. otherwise more people would goto online.