Integrated Publication Solutions, a subsidiary of Fairfax Media, has released its new trading terms agreement for the supply of magazines to newsagents. Click here to access a copy. Click here to see a copy of the accompanying letter from IPS which provides background to the proposed trading terms and outlines the benefits accessible including:
- A move from 7 day to monthly accounts
- Greater flexibility in managing supply
- The removal of full copy returns
- Increased commission for publication sales
- New revenue streams through marketing and promotional support
- EDI data flow through XchangeIT
- Greater assistance in managing General Retailers.
- The removal of early returns
The new magazine distribution model from IPS is the best opportunity newsagents have had in years to bring about change in magazine distribution terms and policies. Signing up is a vote by newsagents for change.
The new magazine distribution model has emerged from a year long process of intensive industry consultation by the folks at IPS. They have spoken with newsagents and associations right around the country. This is reflected in the proposed trading terms.
Gotch and Network have every right to be concerned at what the arrival of IPS and their new model could mean for their businesses. I am certainly aware of concerns within both companies about the impact the arrival of IPS could have on their respective businesses.
Management of IPS have made it clear that they will continue to consult with newsagents as they bring on more to their new magazine distribution model.