Why the cut in supply of Real People magazine?

March 29th, 2012 · 8 Comments

As with Chat, covered in my last blog post, Gotch has cut supply of Real People magazine for reasons we can’t work out.  This is extremely frustrating. If it is not oversupply with Gotch it is undersupply. Maybe they have a reason. If they do, they are keeping it to themselves. In the meantime our business and our customers suffer.

We called Gotch and they confirmed that the supply had been cut manually but could provide no explanation.

Click on the image for the details of the supply change and see for yourself the certain loss of revenue for us as a result.

How are we supposed to act as magazine specialists with this supplier driven behaviour?

The senior management of Gotch will have their spin about this which they will share with publishers who ask them. They won’t share their spin with me. Their way of dealing with factual complaints is pathetic. Now if only they would invest as much in a professional magazine distribution model as they invest in spin.

Category: magazine distribution · magazines

• 1 SHAUN S // Mar 29, 2012 at 6:18 AM

My supply has stayed the same with these magazines

• 2 peter stewart // Mar 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM

i love that we get no posters for BHG anymore, but i will get posters for titles that i dont even revieve……. way to go G+G

• 3 Mark Fletcher // Mar 29, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Peter I have passed on your poster comment to Pacific Magazines – they provide the collateral to Gotch.

• 4 Brendan // Mar 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Is there a problem with the Gotch site today

• 5 kevvy // Mar 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Mark, sorry I couldn’t make it to the “Newsagency of the Future” session today as the Adelaide Advertiser was over 1 1/2 hours late again. This follows on from over 2 hours late on Monday.
    Being both delivery and retail is just too demanding when the papers are constantly late.
    Oh for the Advertiser contracts.

• 6 Newsagent // Mar 29, 2012 at 1:48 PM

And today, the day before returns cut off -the server is down.. And has been for an hour. Me thinkth there are serious issues at GG.

• 7 Steven // Mar 29, 2012 at 4:04 PM

In regards to complaints, I do believe they train their staff to be especially unhelpful. I have heard a myriad of different excuses as to why my supply changes were not put into effect. eg. “We have two systems, one automatic, and one manual, when you called last time, ***** only changed the supply on the one system, not the other, but feel free to early return your oversupplied stock”.

or

“On rare occasions our system may over supply a specific title by a few copies, this happens when returnS have been irregular or if the sales data is incorrect.”

You can smell the BS over the phone line.

On one occasion, the staff member refused to acknowledge that I had called the previous week, because I could not provide the call reference number. When I called again later that day, a different staff member (must have been someone new) WAS able to find record of my call the previous week.

• 8 Serena // Mar 29, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Two Wednesdays ago, Network sent us 13 boxes of NRL cards. We only received 1 box out of 13, so the rest of stock was wrongly delievered or missing stock. My question is, as previous years, we are only allocated 2 boxes of these cards, how do they justify to increase to 13 boxes.
    We have since been told that we are still been charged for the missing stock ($1000 worth here). We have not requested this quantity, they can’t justify why they need to deliver that much and they have yet to provec that the driver was doing his job correctly!
    We were basically told that you must pay this amount or our account will be suspened. Has anyone ever had this problem before?