How Your Body Works part series out now

April 25th, 2010 · 31 Comments

body-works.JPGWhile we did not get anywhere near enough stock for our needs, we have the How Your Body Works partworks on display at the front of our newsagency as well as in our partworks section toward the rear of the store.  In the first two days of on-sale it has performed very well – and the TV advertising has not even kicked in yet as far as I understand.

What is odd about the supply model is that I know of newsagents who will sell few who received plenty and and others (like mine) who could sell plenty but were undersupplied.

The publisher should be asking questions about the supply model because from where I sit opportunities appear to have been missed.

The supply frustrations aside, How Your Body Works should sell well – I suspect it could have done better.

Category: partworks · Ugh!

• 1 ERIC // Apr 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM

we recieved 40 but managed to sell 2 even though great display

• 2 B // Apr 27, 2010 at 7:28 AM

We received 10 which is plenty for our store and they are selling quite well with 3 sold already. I wonder though, what the supply will be like in a couple of issues time? Sure you can always get plenty of supply for the first one but trying to get the 3rd, 4th and 25th is always a hassel and we tend to lose putaway customers because of it.

• 3 Rebecca // May 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Do you know when issue 2 comes out?

• 4 Bruce // May 10, 2010 at 2:03 PM

This series is proving popular as expected. However, from our supply of issue 2 today, only 1 box is pristine and saleable. The rest are squashed and torn and most will have to be returned. Although the boxes are admittedly flimsy, the basic problem is a complete lack of care by the magazine courier. The partworks parcels were dumped in the bottom of our lock up trolley and the rest of the normal (heavy) magazine parcels dumped on top!! Ahhhh!!!

• 5 Carmen // May 11, 2010 at 11:48 AM

is there a phone number that I can call up to order or website for online order?

• 6 spirit // Jun 11, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I’m having problems getting issues only have 1 & 2 .
    Is there some where to just order and have it delivered .

• 7 elizabeth // Jun 28, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I am trying to purchase the binder for how your body works without having to subscribe online stop ordering from my local newsagent it is not fair.

• 8 elizabeth // Jul 18, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I would like to by the Binder!

• 9 Kylie // Jul 25, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Elizabeth, if you want to order the binder here is the url to bissett magazines contact us page someone there should be able to help you i think there about $15 $20 for one binder but you need 2 for the intire collection

• 10 Mark // Jul 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Elizabeth, if you do contact Bissett tell them that they should support newsagents better by making the folders available through them.

• 11 Peter // Jul 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

I saw the same thing with binders for the Elvis collections Newsagents could sell the mag but not the binder.

• 12 Llynda // Aug 10, 2010 at 2:20 PM

issue 2,3 and 4…customer failed to pick up…if you want it I am happy to post them to you:)

• 13 Prasanna // Sep 29, 2010 at 7:41 AM

I’m having problems getting issue 17. Can anybody help?

• 14 EfiV // Oct 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM

I am having trouble finding issue 9 and 21. Does anyone has an extra?

• 15 karina // Oct 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM

my local newsagent ran out of supply of these issues and have not been able to offer any of getting them . we are missing 7,11,16,17,18,19,21,22
    dose anyone no how to get back issues ? if you do could you please email me with a answer .
    dcarter1@iinet.net.au

• 16 shelly // Nov 12, 2010 at 4:47 PM

as well you should get a offer with every issue that you receive stating where to order the issues from.. Hope this helps

• 17 Miles // Nov 15, 2010 at 3:35 PM

we have 2 part 16 and 1 part 17 available

• 18 margaret hart // Dec 23, 2010 at 3:48 PM

sorry I ever started to buy the billie bones/how your body works. I’m currently missing 11 issues. Does this mean that I’ve wasted a substantial amount of money on an incomplete body? Not impressed, the children in my class were looking forward to building the body but will now be in a new class in the new year

• 19 Patrick Dodd // Feb 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM

I am missing issue 24 and 9. Any ideas on how to get these issues?

• 20 Sandra Grima // May 5, 2011 at 5:24 AM

I am desperate to purchase Pt 7. Can anyone help please.

• 21 charlotte // May 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM

We subscribed online and are missing a few Parts. We don’t know who to contact to get the rest??? Need help!

• 22 Mark // May 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM

The contact details are in the magazine. if you’d bought from a newsagent they could help.

• 23 Daniel // May 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM

So people who have subscribed direct are having supply issues as well? I would have thought the distributor would take more care of them (than newsagents at least). Makes me feel a bit better. As Mark said, if you had gone to a newsagency, they would have made a greater effort to make sure you get all the parts. Any commitment to a partworks series means much more to the newsagent than the publisher, plus you get to speak to somebody face-to-face.

Worth much more the any discount you might be getting at the moment.

cheers.

• 24 Joan Clayton // May 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM

My grandson wants another binder in your BillieBones Binder offer, $15, how do I order this?

• 25 Timothy // Jun 6, 2011 at 4:40 AM

I got part 1 and 3, orderd the rest over website! waiting now over a month for my parts???

• 26 Steven // Jun 6, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Don’t you love it when people are let down by publishers, and then go crying to the local newsagent?

Maybe they will make a better choice next time. GO TO YOUR LOCAL NEWSAGENT!

• 27 Paul // Jun 13, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Its all a sham, quite disappointed, only to be able to get some parts and then only have to follow up myself through website to get the rest.
    Have spent so much on it and feel let down.. should have gone on ebay and purchased a proper medical model for half the price.

• 28 kelly // Jan 23, 2015 at 6:42 PM

Im looking for issue 13. My newsagency didnt get enough. Does anyone have a spare or know where I cld get it. Pls email me melnkel13@gmail.com

• 29 Heidi // Feb 21, 2015 at 4:19 PM

I have issues 37 – 48 for sale brand new unopened

• 30 stephen parkin // Oct 28, 2015 at 9:38 PM

anyone got 77 80

• 31 Dawn // Sep 26, 2020 at 8:47 PM

I have a complete set for sale not been used