good chef bad chef issue 2 looks terrific

November 29th, 2013 · 15 Comments

001_GCBC2_MidResI’ve been fortunate to see a copy of good chef bad chef 2 that comes out in newsagencies on Monday. This is an excellent title that connects with the popular TV show. ┬áIt will be promoted on the TV show, their facebook page (19,000+ fans) and elsewhere.

One newsagent sold close to 40 copies of the first issue. They did this by featuring the magazine, supporting it with excellent positioning. The title is a well-known brand.

We plan to place this title with newspapers and weekly magazines in my stores. People will purchase it on impulse – for themselves and as a gift.

Since it is coming out early in the month there is no reason to early return.

Category: magazines

• 1 Jenny // Nov 29, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Good to see issue 2 will be out next week, it should sell well as a Xmas gift.
    I would love to see a magazine from the new TV show Paddock to Plate.
    It has to be the best cooking/travel show ever and would be good to see a printed format of this series so publishers please chase this one.

• 2 jenny // Jan 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Just curious as to how other newsagents sales are going for this issue, we have only sold 9 of issue 2 after achieving great sales for issue 1?
    I think the cover photo sold issue 1, this cover isn’t as eye catching.

• 3 Amanda // Jan 14, 2014 at 9:10 PM

We mostly sold issue one to pensioners who had seen it advertised during the program. I am not sure if it has been advertised as heavily, or the price of the first issue has meant those consumers have now “got it” and don’t need another???

• 4 Gary // Jan 16, 2014 at 2:21 PM

issue 1 sold out, issue 2 sold 1

• 5 jenny // Feb 7, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Had a customer in today who heard this magazine advertised as ‘BUY AT YOUR NEWSAGENCY’
    Thank you!
    It’s working, have sold a couple this week.

• 6 brian swift // Mar 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM

please, please tell me where I can get a copy of good chef bad chef summer edition. have scoured brisbane bookstores and newsagencies. am desperate. thanks

• 7 jenny // Mar 26, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Cannot believe we had so many copies of this issue, it was very slow compared to issue 1 and now it’s advertised we cant get more stock until May.

Three requests today from customers who saw it advertised on the show.

Last lady told me every where she has asked said they had stock but its been recalled.

What a shame, such bad timing.

• 8 jenny // Mar 26, 2014 at 3:41 PM

PS NDC has just received 200 copies of issue 1 so its worth ordering quickly if customers are requesting.

• 9 Ros Ryan // Apr 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I am unable to purchase this magazine….can you tell me where I can buy it at what Newsagent and I would also like to buy Vol 1. Not many Newsagents know about it.

Regards

Ros

• 10 jenny // Apr 9, 2014 at 12:40 PM

This really is becoming a joke.

If I had a dollar for every one requesting this magazine I’d be out of here.

We have a major problem in that this magazine was on our shelves for months but since it has been recalled it is being advertised on the show and we can’t get hold of stock.

Sorry but it makes us newsagents look as useless as the majors for customer service.

• 11 Gerry // Jun 28, 2014 at 5:25 AM

I am desperate to get copies of good chef bad chef. The newsagents here either said they hadn’t heard of it,neither did his computer when he tried to find it. The other one said they had sold out. Please let me know if and when they are available. I will pay. Thanks heaps. Gerry

• 12 Mark Fletcher // Jun 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Gerry any newsagent can order these.

• 13 jenny // Jun 28, 2014 at 8:17 AM

Gerry, available at Highlands Marketplace Mittagong. Have heaps!

• 14 Diane Hamilton // May 14, 2015 at 3:20 PM

Trying to get book 1 and 2 good chef bad chef newsagents can’t get copies please tell me how to get copies

• 15 David Veigel // Jan 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Can you please tell me if you have or can get GOOD CHEF BAD CHEF Volume 2??? Have tried everywhere to get it but nobody seems to know about it,thank you,D.Veigel.