Some suppliers really do waste our time with bloated communications and out of date ordering practices. They don’t realise that each out of date practice gives retailers a reason to not order from them.
If suppliers do these things, they will get better attention:
- Stop sending bloated communications. Thoughtfully edit. Tell me what I need to know in order to make a decision. Back it with evidence.
- Have all ordering done either via digital forms or online – with a copy of each order sent by email back to the retailer for their records. Having to download, print and hand complete a PDF is ridiculous. It’s 2024.
- Have all contracts and agreements completed online via DocuSign or similar.
- Provide a digital product catalogue from which retailers can order in one-click.
- Provide electronic invoices.
- Produce easy access to professional product images.
- List your retail stockists on your website.
- If you use reps, ensure they make appointments first and stick to allotted time.
- Stop cold-calling.
Some of our oldest suppliers are the worst at these things. They waste too much time.