Continuing my week-long series on newsagency marketing groups, today I’ll outline what I think newsagents should expect from a newsagency marketing / franchise group.
- Opportunities to make more money – through supplier discounts, special buying opportunities, exclusive buying opportunities, buying tours, marketing and ranging advice and guidance on new product categories.
- Help in business management – through access to good lease advice, employer / employee relations advice, accounting advice and insurance advice.
- Guidance in business planning – through access to newsagency, retail, media and other local and international trends and insights, deep mining of individual and other business data as well as access to planning professionals.
- Networking opportunities – where you can talk business with your peers and share ideas and insights from local store experiences.
- Marketing and advertising assistance, tools and advice – from support for major seasons, opportunities for out-of-shop promotion and advertising, advice on social media engagement as well as platforms through which you can share ideas with colleagues.
- Transparency – confidence that deals are genuine, advice is not conflicted and results shared are real and can be verified.
- A helping hand – people you can turn to for advice and support on anything, as you would family.
Newsagents considering joining a marketing group should think about what they want from the engagement before they start looking.
While marketing groups will claim they deliver some or all of these benefits, only those in a group and experiencing what it is delivering today can comment on that group and its performance today.
Footnote: Regulars here would know I am a shareholder in and Director of newsXpress. Prior to that I was a member of Nextra and a shareholder in my later years with them following a capital raising. Prior to that my newsagency was a member of Newspower.