I have emailed newsagents this morning to start data collection for benchmark study comparing the first six months of 2021 with 2019. As I explain, I have selected 2019 to compare to because 2020 was an odd (good and bad) year for most.
I have chosen six months because of the opportunity to look at performance over a longer period. Based on early data I have seen from several stores, the results should be interesting, and useful.
First half 2021 NEWSAGENCY SALES BENCHMARK STUDY.
I am collating data for a new benchmark study, looking at sales covering January through June 2021 versus January through June 2019.
Why compare to 2019? Because … 2020 was an odd year. To really understand where your business is at today, we need to compare to two years ago, a more stable trading period.
How to participate.
- Please run a Monthly Sales Comparison Report for 01/01/2021 – 30/06/2021 compared to 01/01/2019 – 30/06/2019.
- Tick the category box. IMPORTANT.
- Tick to exclude home delivery and sub agent data.
- DO NOT tick the supplier box.
- Preview the report on the screen. Save as a PDF.
- Email these reports direct to me at email@example.com.
- Read the report yourself and see what it shows you about your business.
I will email the results to all participating newsagents and publish the results on the Australian Newsagency Blog as a service for all newsagents.
I own and run three newsagencies. Over the years I have had three others. I own newsXpress, the newsagency marketing group.