While the best personal resolutions are those we keep to ourselves and work toward without being all look at me, people and businesses with common interests can gain from sharing resolutions that serve our common goals. With this in mind, here are resolutions / goals I have for the newsagency channel for 2014:
- Achieve meaningful change to the newsagency magazine supply model.
- Encourage more newsagents to be engaged retailers and not shopkeepers or agents … to be more responsible ourselves for our own success or failure.
- Being more active in challenging newsagents who seriously let the shingle down and thereby negatively impact how shoppers view our channel.
- To enjoy the business more embracing that it’s my choice to own the business and my responsibility for what happens here.
- To rely less on suppliers for guidance of our future.
Please, add more resolutions that can serve our channel as a whole by us collectively engaging.