If you work for Bauer Media or Network Services…

August 3rd, 2014 · 12 Comments

Many newsagents have reported that they have not received electronic invoices from Network Services for magazines due to arrive tomorrow. The files should have been received by now. No one at Network Services is responding.

Given the IT meltdown that occurred at Network this week, the company should have taken extra care with files to be sent Friday plus they should have had help desk staff working Saturday.

Unless there is something I and many newsagents are missing this looks like appalling customer service by Network. Publishers with titles coming out Monday will suffer.

Category: magazine distribution

• 1 BruceH // Aug 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Ours are now thru XChangeIT ok.

• 2 Mark Fletcher // Aug 3, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Yes. Network just fixed it.

• 3 h // Aug 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM

If you work for Bauer Media or Network services it is worth reading the Media section of the Australian on Monday 4th August to learn the direction your company is going.

• 4 Jim // Aug 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM

I see that the highly efficient IT department at Bauer must have worked overtime on the weekend – but only on their billing system which managed to get my account processed and in the mail as it arrived this morning – minus the credits for returns lodged on 30/7.
    Apparently we will be sent an email detailing the “authorised deduction” we can apply to the account – how bloody generous of them!

• 5 shauns // Aug 5, 2014 at 1:26 PM

? nill statement here nil online and nil in the mail I was just thinking .

• 6 shauns // Aug 5, 2014 at 4:36 PM

yay just received my statement . Yep no returns for the 30th but yet charged for all deliverys for the 30th how does that work out considering all their system was down

• 7 shauns // Aug 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM

A five day extension all round should have been in place , I know I had extra returns that I held off on just incase everything was lost or had to be done again now they are sending out statements half completed .

• 8 Peter // Aug 5, 2014 at 4:45 PM

H, Yes it was a very interesting read and bauer have apparently lost there largest magazine. The Coles Magazine and Newsagents are not effected. Interesting.

• 9 Steve // Aug 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM

My statement from network just became available online and its a dogs breakfast. Not only are the returns I was going to submit on the 30th but had to wait till they sorted it out not credited (Network sent an email saying when they got back up on the 1st do your missed returns quick and they’d be credited,I did mine at 6am) the returns I submitted on the 29th before they crashed haven’t been credited either. They show up on netonline but not in the statement.
    I dare say theres a bit of a wait calling customer service so I’ll put that of for a while. If your like me and a bit slack reconciling statements I’d advise a bit more vigilance this month.

• 10 Mark Fletcher // Aug 5, 2014 at 7:23 PM

The company needs to throw resources at this Steve to provide you with certainty.

• 11 Steve // Aug 6, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Do they even have the resources anymore Mark? Every thing I here relating to Bauer is all cost cutting, redundances and low staff moral. While I have no idea what caused the meltdown last week 2 days to resolve it smacks of an under resourced IT department and another 4 days to send out factually wrong statements doesn’t say a lot for the accounts department.

• 12 shauns // Aug 6, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I just called them and they said everything will be fixed within a week regards to missing returns