Yes, there is a magazine called Chicks Smashing Grunters

August 29th, 2014 · 22 Comments

chicksgrunters

Chicks Smashing Grunters is a new magazine title being distributed by IPS. Thankfully, we did not receive this title. I know one newsagent who received fifty copies yesterday. They think they will sell all if not most. Extraordinary. The title itself sounds wrong.

Yes, we are not our customers.

Category: Ethics · magazine distribution · magazines · Social responsibility

• 1 May First // Aug 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I’m tempted to order that just as a conversation starter…..

• 2 MAX // Aug 29, 2014 at 11:36 AM

Sold 2 out of 6 so far.

• 3 Louise Warren // Aug 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Isn’t it funny how a name can be perceived incorrectly. Of course that’s not the editors mistake but purely that of the person miss perceiving. Great to see it selling well, you only have to look on Chicks Smashing Grunters Magazine page on facebook to see positive reviews.

• 4 Mark Fletcher // Aug 29, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Louise you’re the publisher?

• 5 Andrew H // Aug 29, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Is it a fishing magazine?

• 6 rick // Aug 29, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Lol Andrew, did not take that angle, no not grunter as in the fish, but pig hunting

• 7 Louise Warren // Sep 4, 2014 at 8:07 PM

Yes Mark I am.

• 8 Kristy rabnott // Sep 4, 2014 at 9:11 PM

I think the magazine is fantastic best pig hunting one I have came across by far, not only fellas likes to get down and dirty us women enjoy it to. Lou has done a fantastic job I’ve seen nothing but positive feed back and happy customers and can’t wait for more!!

• 9 Sarah F // Sep 4, 2014 at 9:14 PM

The title itself sounds wrong….. It’s a magazine about women who hunt pigs. And being a red blooded Aussie who likes a bit of slang, Chicks Smashing Grunters sounds just about right to me. You’re thankful you didn’t get it in? And why would that be? Do you personally know any hunters or is your opinion of us formed from one sided animal rights programs? I believe they will sell 50 copies. I certainly hope so. Lou, you’ve done an awesome job on a great mag about the land, feral animals and who hunters really are. I’m already looking forward to the next issue, and my business will be going to a newsagent who doesn’t want to dictate what his customers read due to his personal opinions.

• 10 Sarah // Sep 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I find it a little rude to hold an opinion on a magazine only on its title… Did someone not learn never judge a book by its cover?? Although it’s subject may not be to your own personal taste I don’t think it’s really fair to call it “wrong”. If it sells then it speaks for it self, you don’t have to read it if you don’t want to and I’m sure it’s not the first magazine you have come across that you haven’t had an interest in discovering the content of… Let the people who do know what it’s about make the judgement call, And by the hype so far it seems it will be a successful endeavor.

• 11 Mark Fletcher // Sep 4, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Sarah opinions are welcome here. No one has said they would not stock the title.

• 12 Cast Iron Boys // Sep 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Lou has done a fantastic job at puting this magazine together, reading the mag shows you have put all your heart and soul and not to mention savings into. Keep up the good work!

• 13 Louise Warren // Sep 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM

Thank you for your positive feedback guys, great to see:)

• 14 Mark Fletcher // Sep 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

The challenge with any new title is that newsagents have to find space and carry it, hoping to get sales. for 25% GP where each magazine pocket needs to earn the business $2.00 or more a week it can be difficult. Then there are the IPS terms which can see you forced to take a title for three months.

These terms make newsagents a financial investor in a title with little or no control on them investing.

These are situations publishers need to understand.

• 15 Louise Warren // Sep 5, 2014 at 9:40 PM

I will be personally contacting every one of my retailers in the coming weeks which is a great opportunity to discuss any issues they have and to see what we can do for each other to iron them out. Please note IPS offer more than 25% to retailers. Cheers

• 16 shauns // Sep 6, 2014 at 5:39 AM

More than 25% ? how much more

• 17 shauns // Sep 6, 2014 at 5:44 AM

that’s right 27% with a lot of restrictions .

• 18 shauns // Sep 6, 2014 at 5:54 AM

A magazine I might sell one of they send me 7 , so for the $2.69 I make off it, it cost me $43 to have it on the shelf ,under normal conditions I would have early returned 4 or 5 of them . I am not talking about your magazine because they do not send it ,and that’s another story why are they not sending it I am in North QLD pigging capital of Australia . I will be putting in an order for it for next edition .

• 19 Mark Fletcher // Sep 6, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Sorry, 27% and not 25%.

• 20 Mark Fletcher // Sep 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM

• 21 Cher harris // Sep 8, 2014 at 11:21 PM

Hay Louise good on you, good luck, don’t really care about what subject your magazine is on but still we’ll done and hope you have success, you haven’t changed a bit. I was watching media watch and nearly feel of my chair! Go girl friend! I’m all for girls cando it too.

• 22 Louise Warren // Sep 18, 2014 at 9:22 PM

Sounds good Shaun’s thank you, IPS are getting reorders which is a great sign.